PIPS (Parents in Partnership Stockport) is an independent local parent carer forum in Stockport run by parents for parents, carers, grandparents and family members who have a child/young person between the ages of 0 & 25 years with a disability or/and additional needs.
We work in co-production with the local authority, education, health, social care and other providers to ensure the collective voice of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs are heard during the design, development, delivery and review of services to help create services that meet the needs of families.
PIPS offers an opportunity for families of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs to come together, to share information and to provide support to each other. PIPS aim to have a strong voice of parents and carers at the Heart of Stockport's delivery of services for children, young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs and their families.
- We will be a forum for the views of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs on Stockport's SEND service provision.
- We will ask parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs for their opinions. We will speak with a single voice for them.
- We will make parents and carers more confident as representatives. Enabling them to go on to then improve Stockport's services for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- We will work in partnership with Stockport Education, Health, Social Care and all other organisations in Stockport. Together we will Design, Develop and shape services which better meet the needs of children, young people and families better.
- We will provide information to parents and carers of children and young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs. This information will empower parent carers and help them to make better use of Stockport's services.
Much more information can be found by looking on the PIPS website.
Latests news: PIPS Post Inspection Impact Survey - November 2019
Stockport Council and Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group were inspected in September 2018 for the quality of services and support for children and young people aged 0-25 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in Stockport since the Children & Families Act 2014 became law.
As a result, Stockport was asked to make improvements to services and support for these families.
PIPS would like to know from you, the parents and carers, how things have changed for your children and young people with SEND between September 2018 and October 2019.
The results will be presented to Stockport and will also be used as evidence at the Government’s next monitoring visit in December. No individual will be named. This survey will close on Sunday 1st December 2019.