PACTS (Parents and Carers Together Stockport) is an independent local parent carer forum in Stockport run by parents for parents, carers, grandparents and family members who have a child/young person between the ages of 0 & 25 years with a disability or/and additional needs.
Live demonstration of Kooth Service Webinar
Wednesday 27th May 2020 at 2.30pm to 3.40pm.
A live demonstration of the Kooth Service and the support they offer to children and young people aged between 11 and 18 years.
Kooth offers online emotional and mental health support for children and young people aged between 11 – 18 years and is available up to 10pm every day. Sophie Carr, Integration and Participation Worker at Kooth, will tell us more about the service and answer your questions.
Book your place through Eventbrite Live demonstration of Kooth Service Webinar
IMPORTANT NEWS: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and PACTS
The Coronavirus (Covid-19) issue is one that concerns all our members. PACTS continue to keep the situation under close and regular review. Stockport Council and Clinical Commissioning Group are monitoring advice from the government and urgently reviewing their planned programmes of face to face meetings. PACTS is postponing its face to face events till further notice. The health and well-being of our families in Stockport is our utmost priority. PACTS is still available over phone on 07786 101072, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and social networks. We are looking into whether we can hold some group events over the internet.
PACTS members cover a huge range of additional needs, from foster families with no additional health problems to families where children and young people have significant and serious health issues.
PACTS advise all members to:
- keep in regular touch with government guidance on Coronavirus (see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/)
- follow government guidance
- consider the health needs of your family and yourselves as carers
- make responsible decisions about meeting together until the situation improves
We work in co-production with the local authority, education, health, social care and other providers to ensure the collective voice of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs are heard during the design, development, delivery and review of services to help create services that meet the needs of families.
PACTS offers an opportunity for families of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs to come together, to share information and to provide support to each other. PACTS aim to have a strong voice of parents and carers at the Heart of Stockport's delivery of services for children, young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs and their families.
- We will be a forum for the views of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs on Stockport's SEND service provision.
- We will ask parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs for their opinions. We will speak with a single voice for them.
- We will make parents and carers more confident as representatives. Enabling them to go on to then improve Stockport's services for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- We will work in partnership with Stockport Education, Health, Social Care and all other organisations in Stockport. Together we will Design, Develop and shape services which better meet the needs of children, young people and families better.
- We will provide information to parents and carers of children and young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs. This information will empower parent carers and help them to make better use of Stockport's services.
Follow PACTS on Twitter, the link is not working https://twitter.com/PACTSTOCKPORT
PACTStockport Facebook Open Page link does not work https://www.facebook.com/PACTStockport/?ref=bookmarks
Page last updated 8th April 2020