Parents and Carers Together Stockport
PACTS (Parents and Carers Together Stockport) is an independent local parent carer forum in Stockport run by parents for parents, carers, grandparents and family members who have a child/young person between the ages of 0 & 25 years with a disability or/and additional needs.
IMPORTANT NEWS: Coronavirus (Covid-19) and PACTS
The Coronavirus (Covid-19) issue is one that concerns all our members. PACTS continue to keep the situation under close and regular review. Stockport Council and Clinical Commissioning Group are monitoring advice from the government and urgently reviewing their planned programmes of face to face meetings. PACTS is postponing its face to face events until further notice. The health and well-being of our families in Stockport is our utmost priority. PACTS is still available over the phone on 07786 101072, by email at email@example.com and social networks. We are looking into whether we can hold some group events over the internet.
PACTS members cover a huge range of additional needs, from foster families with no additional health problems to families where children and young people have significant and serious health issues.
PACTS advise all members to:
- keep in regular touch with government guidance on Coronavirus (see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/)
- follow government guidance
- consider the health needs of your family and yourselves as carers
- make responsible decisions about meeting together until the situation improves
We work in co-production with the local authority, education, health, social care and other providers to ensure the collective voice of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs are heard during the design, development, delivery and review of services to help create services that meet the needs of families.
PACTS offers an opportunity for families of children and young people with disabilities or additional needs to come together, to share information and to provide support to each other. PACTS aim to have a strong voice of parents and carers at the Heart of Stockport's delivery of services for children, young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs and their families.
- We will be a forum for the views of parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs on Stockport's SEND service provision.
- We will ask parents and carers of children and young people with disabilities and additional needs for their opinions. We will speak with a single voice for them.
- We will make parents and carers more confident as representatives. Enabling them to go on to then improve Stockport's services for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- We will work in partnership with Stockport Education, Health, Social Care and all other organisations in Stockport. Together we will Design, Develop and shape services which better meet the needs of children, young people and families better.
- We will provide information to parents and carers of children and young people 0 - 25 years with disabilities and additional needs. This information will empower parent carers and help them to make better use of Stockport's services.
Volunteer for Parent and Carers Together in Stockport
Are you a parent/carer of a child/young person aged 0-25 with special educational needs and disabilities/additional needs living in Stockport? Would you like to volunteer with our team of parent carer representatives and help shape the future of SEND in Stockport?
If you can spare time, whether it be hourly, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly or however much you can do, then please get in touch with us?
Contact us on 07786 101072 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Much more information can be found by looking on the PACTS website and how to join our membership.
Follow PACTS on Twitter
Follow PACTS on Facebook
Who to contact
- SEN Provision Type