Before looking at the components of an EHC Plan, it will be helpful to be aware of the principles behind the Education Health and Care Plan (EHC).
EHC Plan - The Principles: The EHC Plan is underpinned by a number of key principles:
- The involvement of children, young people & their families in decision making
- Improved identification of children & young people's needs
- Collaboration between professionals from education, health & social care
- High quality SEND provision
- Greater choice and control for CYP & their parents over their support
- Successful preparations for adulthood, independence and employment
The tiles below will take you through the key principles of the EHC Plan.
Click here to watch a short video clip on Education Health Care Plan and person centred planning.