Skip to main content

Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s)

The majority of children and young people with SEN or disabilities will be able to have their needs met within local mainstream early years settings, schools or colleges.

Some children and young people may require an EHC needs assessment in order for the local authority to decide whether it is necessary for it to make provision in accordance with an EHC plan.

This section of our website should help to explain how you can apply for an EHC needs assessment and the steps you can take if you aren't happy with the decisions we make when an EHC needs assessment is requested.

Related links and documents: