Skip to main content

Other help and support Services

Families who have a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND) are not automatically allocated a social worker. The majority of families do not need a social worker and their child’s additional needs will be met by a range of specialist health and Local Authority services as well as parents support groups and other voluntary organisations.

Many families will experience stress and anxieties caring for a child with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) but support from these specialist services will prevent families experiencing extreme pressure, reaching crisis point and become at risk of breaking down.

If you are a professional or a member of the public and you have safeguarding concerns about a child and want to make a referral to the Social Care Disability Team you can contact them in Stockport:  0161 217 6028.  For more information about the MASSH click here.