Stockport had an Ofsted and Care Quality commission (CQC) inspection in September 2018.
The report highlighted a number of strengths including that Stockport families benefit from passionate, knowledgeable and dedicated frontline workers and young children with SEND have their needs well met.
However, inspectors found 5 areas that required significant improvement including:
- Joint planning and commissioning
- Social Care involvement in EHC Plans
- Co-production with children, young people and families.
- Understanding by local area leaders of what is important to children and their families.
- Measuring outcomes for young people.
The local authority and CCG have taken immediate steps to address these concerns and moving ahead at pace on our journey of improvement, working co-productively with parents/carers and young people.
Below you will find a number of information tiles which contain evidence of our improvement journey. There are many opportunities for you to influence and shape the direction of travel and we welcome all comments and suggestions.