Footsteps is a service for walking children and young people in Stockport. The clinic is run jointly by a paediatric physiotherapist and podiatrist. The clinic is based at Beckwith House in the centre of Stockport.
Referrals are made to the clinic when there are concerns with:
- Walking pattern
- Trips and falls
- Reported pain/poor walking ability
- Children with specific foot disorders are usually more appropriately seen in Children’s Podiatry refer directly to Woodley Podiatry
- Children presenting with musculoskeletal problems should be referred to the appropriate musculoskeletal (MSK) physiotherapy service
The children and young people are seen for an initial assessment in the clinic.
The interventions can be:
- Referral on to other teams
- Signposting to appropriate services
The outcomes are:
- Reduced pain
- Improved motor skills
- Increased participation and activity
- Reduce parental concern
- Improved self-esteem
- Increased school attendance
Referrals can be made by consultants, GPs, other health professionals, parents and can be sent via secure email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the reason for referral.
All referrals are screened for suitability for the clinic