Contact a Family provides information, advice and support to families caring for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs. We have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
Our North West team offers:
- Free information workshops for groups of parent carers including coping and support, behaviour that challenges us, helping your child to sleep, transition from adult to child services and information about benefits.
- Local information on local services, sources of further and specialist advice and support
- Information guides on everyday living such as financial help and benefits, accessing help and support, play and leisure activities for families and education, health and social care services.
- Ways to meet other local parents through support groups, meetings, workshops and events.
- free information sessions for professionals working with families with disabled children
- resources for professionals, to help them point families to local services
- advice, information and how to access local support is provided by our helpline
- read more about we can offer
Our local services are backed up up by our central services including:
Contact a Family helpline For information or advice on any aspect of caring for a disabled child contact our national freephone helpline
- Telephone ; 0808 808 3555
- Opening hours : Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm,
- Email email@example.com
Our team of trained advisers includes education specialists and a dedicated welfare rights team.
Contact a Family website. Our website offers up-to-date information on hundreds of medical conditions, extensive information on benefits and services as well as a wider range of support, information and advice for families. You can link with families going through similar experiences, down load our resources. www.cafamily.org.uk
Parents can follow us on:
You can contact the team
Visit our website page