Special Educational Needs and Disabilities has a number of official documents, codes of conduct and local & national documents and other legislation. These documents can be difficult to find. This page puts national and local documents of importance in one place so they are easy for you to find.
The page will be broken down into themed headings such as Education and learning, personal budgets, social care, early years etc. Click on the links below to view the documents.
Council for Disabled Children.
Direct Payments Policy.
- Social Care & Aiming High Direct Payment Process
- Short Breaks Direct Payments Policy 2015: User Friendly Version
Early years and Childcare
Education and Learning
- Accessibility Strategy
- Changes to special educational needs and disability support (Easy Read)
- Approved Independent special schools:
- What the Local Authority expects education settings to offer
- Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25 years
Children and Young People's Health
- Young Persons Guide to the Children and Families Act
- Care Act: Factsheet
- Care Act: Who is entitled to care and support
- Care Act: Easy read
Leisure and Activities
- Improving children and young people's mental health in Stockport.
- Improving children and young people's mental health in Stockport (Summary document).
NCB (National Children's Bureau)
- A Guide to the Direct Payments Support Plan
- Personal Budgets Policy
- Personal Budgets Policy User Friendly Version
- Direct Payments Policy User Friendly Version
- Personal Budgets Fact Sheet
SEND reforms information Packs
- 0-25 Coordinated Assessment Process and EHC Plan
- Local Offer
- Engagement and Participation of children, young people and parent carers
- Personal Budget
- Joint Commissioning Arrangement Draft
- Preparing for Adulthood
- Edward Timpson: Letter to Local Authorities
- SEND: Support local and National Accountability
- SEND: A guide for parents and carers
Social care and the Rights of Children
- Unicef: Our Rights - the rights of children
- UN Convention of the Rights of the Child
- UN Convention: Summary of the rights of the Child
Training and Employment
- SEN School Travel Policy & Guidelines for 5-16 year olds
- Stockport Council Free School Transport Policy 14-15
- Stockport Council Post 16 Transport Policy 14-15
- Statutory guidelines for free home to school travel and transport