Community Neuro Rehabilitation Service (CNRS)
The Community Neuro Rehabilitation Service is a specialist team who provide community based rehabilitation for adults with neurological conditions.
The service is comprised of:
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Clinical Psychologists
- Assistant Practitioner/ Therapy Assistants
The team work closely with the patient, local neighbourhood teams, other professionals, family and carers.
The service provides interventions to address individuals’ own goals and to support their own long-term management of their condition and this includes:
- Assessment and intervention to optimise independence in all aspects of daily living
- Focussed rehabilitation treatment which is specific to the individual, depending on the nature of their physical, emotional, communication and cognitive needs.
- Advice regarding the management of long term conditions for patients and their carers
Who is eligible?
- Adults aged 16 upwards with a neurological condition who would benefit from community neurological rehabilitation
- Patients must be registered with a Stockport GP.
- Patient’s must be able to consent to, engage within, and benefit from neuro-rehabilitation in a community setting, which is goal oriented to maximise outcomes
How to refer
Electronic referrals from Allied Health Professional’s, GP’s, Consultants, Social Workers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Community Neuro Rehabilitation Service, 4th Floor Beckwith House, Wellington Rd, Stockport, SK4 1AF
Contact telephone: 0161 204 4618