Here you will find details of specific events where parents and carers can be involved in the SEND improvements. Following events, feedback will also be found here.
7th and 12th November 2019
On the 7th and 12th November, approximately 30 parents met with a number of senior leaders from across the Local Area to find talk about progress and changes since the inspection.
There was rich discussion about:
1: Education, Health and Care Plans
2: Review of the Local Offer
3: The Entitlement Framework
4: Riding the Rapids
5: Our Co-Production Charter
6: What things have changed since the Inspection
7: Actions we will take
8: How people felt at the end of the sessions
The presentation, photos from the day can be viewed at the links below as well as an outcomes document with comments, questions and answers from the sessions and a list of actions we will take as a result of what we discussed.
27th February 2019
On January 15th 131 parents and carers drawn from across the Stockport wide schools community joined a small number of council and CCG colleagues in a ‘shared space’ for two interactive themed focus groups ‘Co-production relationships are at the heart of local SEND systems’.
Participants talked about and shared experiences and views about
- Keeping Safe and Well – Living the life you want
- Having the right information and advice available at the right time
- Maintaining close connections with family and friends within local communities
- Support that is individual and done’ our way’
- Staying in control when things need to change (Transitions)
- The workforce of Stockport who support children young people an families and developing excellent relationships
The work was captured on 'pin boards' and the output can be viewed on the links below.