The recent SEND reforms have resulted in a number of changes to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. A number of new documents and websites have been being produced to keep both parents/carers as well as professionals informed and up to date about the latest changes and developments across all services.
There are a large number of long and sometimes confusing documents relating to the SEND reforms: This page has been developed to try and keep parents up to date with essential reading and information, most of which is in ‘easy read’ format. Below are links that have been filtered out that Parents/Carers might be interested in reading.
Click the links below to open the document.
- 2010: Equality Act Guidance
- Stockport Family: Two Page Profiles
- Joint Commissioning Arrangements draft.
- Short Breaks for Disabled Children: A legal guide for local authorities
- Assessments and the Care Act
- Children with SEND: Moving to Primary education for.
- SEND Reforms easy read.
- Care Act: easy read:
- Leisure and activities: Short Breaks Statement.
- Personal Budget: User friendly version.
- Education Health & Care plan: Information and resource pack.
- SEND guide for parents and carers
- UNICEF: Summary of the rights of children.
- SEND: Stockport School Transport Policy
- Young person’s guide to the children and families.
- Click here to see links on Policy, Official Documents and further reading page.