The Stockport CP Wheelers Disabled Cycling Project offers 3 sessions a week for children & young people and adults with a range of disabilities and additional needs. The sessions take part in Woodbank Park athletics track, which has a fence all the way round with only one way in and out so is safe.
You can bring your own bike but there are a number of bikes and special adapted bike that you and your child can have a go on. There are some support staff there but parent/carers have to stay and support the young person.
There is some disabled parking right by the athletics track, you have to drive through the park – please observe the 10 mph speed limit and put your hazard lights on!
The session run in school holidays and term time
The Aims of Stockport CP Wheelers Disabled Cycling Project are:
- Extend opportunity and choice for disabled children and adults
- Promote health and well-being through sporting activity
- Improve self-esteem and confidence
- Build new skills and provide opportunities for disabled people to volunteer
- Enable participants to enjoy themselves and have fun
- Reduce social isolation by enabling social networking and helping to build friendships
- Develop new interests.
- Provide parents and carers with a break from their caring role
You don’t have to pre-book just turn up on the day. If you’d like more information you can contact Stockport CP