Stockport Family have a specialist Children with Disabilities Social Care team, who work with a wide range of professionals and play a key role in helping children and parents/carers to take control of and improve their lives in conditions where their safety or ability to participate in society is restricted due to the child's Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
Social Workers help families:
- Strugglng with the challenges of caring for a child or young person who has Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities.
- Facing difficulties as a result of caring for a child with a disability.
- To care for family members who are experiencing problems with family relationships and conflicts.
- Struggling with the challenges of growing old.
- Suffering serious personal troubles and mental distress.
- Experiencing drug and alcohol problems and domestic violence.
- Feeling isolated within the community and experiencing practical problems with money or housing.
Social work is the safety net of society. Trained and qualified social workers intervene into private and/or family life in order to:
- Protect individuals from harm to themselves or to others.
- Promote human development and security, social inclusion and participation across the lifespan.
If you are a professional or a member of the public and you have safeguarding concerns about a child and want to make a referral to the Social Care Disability Team you can contact them in Stockport: 0161 217 6028. For more information about the MASSH click here.