Hi my name is Cheryl Knupfer and I have just been appointed as the new Strategic Lead for Autism, here in Stockport.
I previously managed Stockport’s Autism Team for fifteen years so I feel like I am aware of the gaps and have many ideas of how to make improvements.
I know how important co-production is. I see you, parents/carers as the experts living and breathing SEN 24/7 so I am keen to work with you to make the changes that are required. I also intend to listen and capture the views of individuals with Autism.
What I want to achieve together: I want to make Stockport a great place for people with Autism to live, attend school, access their local community and get a job. I need your help to help me to make changes to make this happen.
What is important to me…that together we raise awareness and help others to make changes. I will ensure that I give you regular updates regarding the plan.
- To get a services to work together
- To listen to individuals with Autism and their families to understand what the problems are suggest ideas to make things better
- To create an all-age Autism Strategy with a clear plan for Stockport to support people with Autism where we make these changes happen to help people Autism have better outcomes
- To re-establish the Autism steering group with a new task and finish groups to ensure we deliver our plan
- To develop a new neurodevelopmental pathway, offering early help and support, intervention and training to families, school and professionals