Two Year Olds:
Families who get any of the following may be able to have a free early learning and childcare place for their 2 year old child.
- Families in receipt of non-working benefits
- Families with a total household income of less than
£16,190. This will be recorded in your awards notice
- Children receiving Disability Living Allowance
- Children with a statement of SEN or an Education,
Health and Care plan
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and
Asylum Act 1999
- Children looked after by the local authority or left
care through a special guardianship, adoption or residence order
To check if your child is eligible you will need to visit your local Children's Centre and take your National Insurance number. More information can be found on www.stockport.gov.uk/2yearold
Three and Four Year Olds:
Every three and four year old is entitled to free, high quality early learning and childcare for up to 570 hours per year. A free place is available in different types of settings including council nursery schools and classes, day nurseries, pre-schools, independent schools and childminders.
For further information please visit: www.stockport.gov.uk/earlyyears