Skip to main content


Sometimes you may not agree with the outcome of an assessment into the needs of your child for an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plan.

There is a mediation service that is independent from the Local Authority and they will mediate on behalf of you and your child to reach a satisfactory agreement.

You can also contact the mediation service if the Local Authority has decided to stop the EHC plan for your child and you think it needs to continue.

The Mediation service is free of charge so it won’t cost you.